Friday, July 18, 2008

Retirement Planning

Tonight I went to a friend house to update him on his unit trust investment and to talk about his retirement plan. Since the stock market is bearish and might be for the time being, I suggest topping up his investments to lower down the average cost. I did lock some profits for him earlier which covers his current fund losses and thus preserve his capital. Since he is going to retire next year, we will have to re-allocate his funds to minimize the risk. I proposed that he invest in Land Bank which is considered low risk and will give him an average return of 20% per annum. If he accepts the proposal, both of us will sleep better regardless of the market condition.


Anyway since he has a fulltime housewife and 3 kids that are still schooling, money for investment is quite limited. Looking at the current condition, he would have to continue working after retirement.

No comments: